Hello hello.
Florida was fun. The drive down wasn't bad at all. We left that Friday night around 9:00pm and got to Savannah sometime that next morning. We dropped the dogs off at the hubs' uncle's house and went to see his grandmother at the assisted living facility. While we were there, the hubs' aunt called and said the mongrels got out. We flew back to their neighborhood (only about 2 blocks away), and the first mutt we spied was Panda way off in the distance traipsing through someone's yard. A glance down a second street found Trace. We pulled up to his uncle's house still missing three dogs, one of which, Spot, ran off last year. We hopped out of the truck and looked down the street and suddenly saw the three of them walking down the street in pack. The hubs ran down, but they had already turned off into someone's yard. He got down there, and a guy was playing with them waiting on the hubs. Effing dogs, I swear. If there is one piece of advice that I can give you, it's don't have five dogs.
But I love the bastards.
After Savannah, we headed to Florida and arrived just before 6:00 that Saturday evening. We were so effing exhausted that we went to bed at 8:00. The munchkin, at that point, had a cough and the sniffles. It only escalated through the week. Tuesday night she had a low-grade fever and woke up every 15-20 minutes, and by 4:00am she threw up all over me, herself, and the bed. That morning I called the dr, and they gave me the same shit about using a vaporizer. HELLO, MOTHER FUCKERS. I have been using this shit every single day for two full weeks, and she's not improving. "Well, you can't bring her in. You're in Florida." They have hospitals and doctors in Florida, you twit. They finally decided to call in an antibiotic for her. I don't like medicating her, but damn, she was getting worse. Three days of low-grade fever and five days of meds later and she was still feeling like crap. We didn't do anything while in Florida until Friday. The munchkin was feeling better (the hubs was feeling quite sick at this point), so we went to the Palm Beach Zoo. It was the munchkin's first time, and she seemed to really enjoy herself aside from not feeling 100%. We left on Saturday at around 4:00 and got home Sunday at 9:30am. All in all, we did have a good time. It was very relaxing, and I got to lay out by the pool every single day. It made me miss the south and the heat even more.
The munchkin is FINALLY getting better, I guess. We took her to the dr two Mondays ago, and he said her chest sounded great (I was super worried about bronchitis or pneumonia). Thursday, however, we took a few steps back. She had a low fever all day, and around 7:00, it was up to 103.8. I had just given her Tylenol, so we waited about 20 minutes to see if it started to go down before we went to the ER. The fever definitely started going down, so we went to bed. At 2am, it was back up to 102, so I laid awake feeling her constantly. At 3am, I gave her more Tylenol and fell asleep. When I woke at 6am, she was covered in sweat and was a cool 97.7. Thank God. The hubs stayed home with her that day, and her fever never returned. The nasty runny nose is officially back, though, and she still has a cough.
IS THIS NEVER-ENDING, SWEET JESUS?!?
Wednesday, February 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Crap, did you get my comment?? I commented from my phone and did it not show up ?? :(
Post a Comment