Monday, November 24, 2008

Oh the weather outside is truly effing frightful

It has been so stinkin' cold here. It's 30 degrees below the average temp for this time of the year. It wouldn't be so bad, but putting clothes on Mary is like trying to dress a rabid skunk. We've already had snow twice (luckily not enough to stick), and when I left for work this morning, it was a cool 18 outside. Some are saying that it's going to be one frigid winter.

One of the neighbors across the street (we'll refer to them as The Griswolds #2 since The Griswolds #1 live right next door to them) have had their Christmas decorations up since...wait for it...the DAY AFTER HALLOWEEN. I could not believe it. Traditionally (like most of America, I believe), we put ours up the weekend after Thanksgiving. Since we'll be in Oklahoma, we decided to start it this past weekend. Who else decided to add MORE stuff to the shit storm of decorations they already have? The Griswolds #2. I shit you not, they have around ten of those damn blow-up things, and their yard is not that big. Ho-ly smokes. I detest those things because of The Griswolds #2. Yesterday the hubs ran into Home Depot while Mary and I sat in the car, and when he got back to the car, he revealed to me that he had bought...ONE OF THOSE BLOW-UP THINGS!!! AHHHHH!!! Actually, it's really cute and very small. It's Tigger with a Santy Clause hat and a present in his lap. Mary loves "My Friends Tigger and Pooh," so that's why he bought it, and it's not even in our yard. It's small enough to sit in the flower bed right next to the porch, and it is SO not tacky. I'll post pics when we come back from T-giving because we still have a few more decorations to put up. And I am soooo going to post a pic of The Griswolds' #2 yard.

Tomorrow begins our four-month whorlwind of traveling/having guests at the house. I'm really am looking forward to seeing my family, but I dread flying especially now that we have Mary. Don't get me wrong, she is a great flyer (thrice already), but I have a horrible fear of something going wrong with the plane, and I get these horrible visions in my head, and my hands start sweating, and my blood pressure goes up....ugh. Maybe once I stop breastfeeding I can get me some Xanax for flying though I may need something more along the lines of Valium when we go to St. Thomas next summer. Oh God, I can't think about that...my chest is tightening up.

Well if I don't get a chance to post while I'm away, I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving!!

1 comment:

holly* said...

burrr! i wish it was colder here. in fact, i just bought a winter coat in hopes of cold, RAINY weather. (we really need the rain)

its is over cast here today. which makes me want to get out the christmas lights i bought on clearance last year and start gussying up the place. its will have to wait until friday though. people dont really go nuts around our neighborhood. i guess that means its our job...

i hope your thanksgiving travels go well. i'm still gearing up to have the whole famdamnly here. at least there are now enough wine drinking vessels to go around. i dont think much else is too important...

 


Design by: Blogger XML Skins | Distributed by: Blogger Templates