My Aunt Cindy died. She was a wonderful woman. She and her husband were on their motorcycle on their way home, and someone ran a stop sign and hit them. Both my aunt and her husband were killed. I don't know anymore than that, and I don't want to. The scenarios in my head are bad enough.
God, it pains me to just sit here and write about her. She was truly wonderful. I haven't seen her since Thanksgiving 2006, but we've emailed some and talked on the phone. I was looking forward to seeing her this Thanksgiving. I'm not excited about going home to Oklahoma anymore. Thanksgiving day would've been her 48th birthday.
Her husband was a good man. They met back in high school but went their separate ways. In 2004, they started dating (she after two failed marriages, him after one). On October 8 of that year, they were married (the following year on the same day, I got married). He let her be HERSELF. She hadn't ever had someone treat her so well. They were a perfect fit.
She had an unbelieveable faith in God. I can only hope that one day God will show me how to be that faithful. She was an inspiration. My family is convinced that she had God on "direct-connect."
My aunt was strong, caring, loving, compassionate, easy-going, and had a sense of humor like no other. She gave the best hugs, like she never wanted to let you go, like it would be the last time she ever got to hug you. Without saying a word, her hugs let you know that she loved you more than anything, that she hated to see you go, that spending time with you was worth it, that the world was a better place because you were there, that everything will eventually be ok. I would give anything to have one of those right now...to smell her country scent, to feel her soft arms, to have her kiss my cheek, to feel her faithful embrace.
Granny keeps saying that God took her for a reason, that He needed her more than we do. Whatever His reason...it still hurts.
I love and miss you so much, Aunt Cindy. May you rest in peace.

4 comments:
thats beyond lame. you're in my thoughts.
:/
im so sorry for your families loss ((HUGS))
I am so sorry to hear that. You will be in my thoughts!
Oh no :( I'm sorry Kirbie. I'm just a little late, but I hope you are ok... call me if you need to, k? Miss you.
Post a Comment