Wednesday, October 22, 2008

"People interest me. Conversations don't."

You may recall a snippet of a post where I spoke of our live commentator during the Olympics.

Well, she's back.

Alls I was trying to do last night was catch up on a couple of my shows. Oh, before this, she told me that she's been watching House reruns, so she wanted a little update on why certain people were missing, what was going on, etc. First I watched One Tree Hill (I just LIKE it, ok?). She was gracious enough not to ask too many questions about the show, but she still wouldn't SHUT UP. She talked and talked and talked. I even paused it a few times so my full attention could be focused on her. And it's not like she was in the next room - she was sitting on the other couch and could clearly see that I was watching this show. Even though I knew better, I decided to watch last week's House. I should honestly just re-watch that episode. I usually keep the volume at 8, but she kept saying, "What, what?" So I had to repeat everything back to her. I finally cranked that bitch up to 16. What makes it worse is when it was over, she says, "Don't you just love watching tv with me? You can't hear, can't pay attention, have to crank it up..." and then giggles. I just smiled and told her to watch whatever she wanted.

Private Practice comes on tonight, but maybe I'll just wait until next Friday to watch it.

2 comments:

Erin said...

lol. my mother in law does the same thing...she never shuts up...ever!
Thankfully she rarely visits us. When my mom comes in, she is just really quiet and stares at the tv with this pissed off confused look on her. She doesnt like watching the shows I like.Then she starts asking me RETARDED questions. I cant even repeat them because as soon as she asks them I put them out of my mind.

holly* said...

i'm smiling at you. a big toothy smile.

:)

so, are you going to keep them on the dvr and watch again when she's not around?

 


Design by: Blogger XML Skins | Distributed by: Blogger Templates