I knew something was up with Mary last night when she refused her juice. She didn't each much dinner and was pretty cranky. I took her to bed a little late (around 9:30), but she took a late nap that day, so it worked out.
She slept until around 12:45. I laid down in bed with her, and she calmed right down but didn't immediately go to sleep. She was quiet and didn't want to nurse at all (yes...still nursing...but only at night). We laid there for around 45 minutes when she sat up, turned to me, and barfed all over my arm, shoulder, and side. She continued to puke a few more times all over the sheets. She cried for a minute, but I think she may have just been startled.
We went downstairs and both got in the bathtub, and she was perfectly fine. She played and splashed just like she always does. When it was time to go to bed, it was like our regular routine.
I know random barfing episodes are the norm for kids, but never did I imagine that I wouldn't even flinch when covered in milk-and-veggie-laden puke.
I guess you never really know your own stomach strength.
Sunday, January 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
good job! sucks that it happened, but good job!!
i still gag at the bad diapers and have been known to puke when tyler does. not that i dont get over it asap to dealw ith tyler's issue, but it happens. i have a pretty horrible gag reflux.
thanks for the kelly update!!
Post a Comment