I've been blog retarded for a few days but only because I've been balls-to-the-wall busy at work. Pure insanity.
So the munchkin started daycare on Monday. Hardest.day.ever. I was very proud of her though - she didn't shed one tear when I left. I, however, was bawling. I called to check on her later, and they said she refused breakfast twice but ate all her lunch. She took an hour and forty-five minute nap, too. When I called, she was watching Backyardigans (we took two burned dvds up there) and having a good time. When I came to get her, she smiled so big and came waddling to me.
Wednesday wasn't as good. She cried when I started to leave, so I started to get her ready for breakfast. When I was about to put her eggs in the microwave, the teacher said, "We'll do it." I just looked at her, and she said, "Let me tell you something about new moms. The longer you stay, the worse it gets. You should come in, put her stuff away, hug and kiss her goodbye, and leave. It will get better." The whole time she's telling me this my eyes are welling up with tears. I kissed her goodbye and bawled on my way to the car. I called later, and they said she was napping but was doing fine.
Today was better. She still cried when I left, so I waited at another door to the room she was in and watched through the window. She was upset but wasn't hysterical. I felt so bad. I just wanted to scoop her up and hold her until she stopped. When the hubs went to pick her up, they said she did very well today. She went right down for a nap and ate both breakfast and lunch.
My little munchkin is growing up...and without my permission.
Friday, January 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment