The moment I have dreaded for months now has come. On Sunday morning, the hubs called to inform me that the bastards denied his continuance on the night shift at work. When will he be moving to the day shift, you ask? January mother-fucking 19th. That's right - three weeks until Mary has to start daycare. I would have waited after our Florida trip in February, but my MIL decided not to come up here when the hubs goes to DC next week since his trip has been shortened to one week. Mary will be at work with me for a full week during one of the busiest months of the year - W2 time and year-end close. I couldn't really wait much longer.
The hubs and I went daycare shopping with Mary on Tuesday and, suprisingly, found a daycare that we both loved. I didn't make any appointments and prepared 25 questions that I asked each provider. I was torn between two and actually had to sit down and write out a list of the pros and cons of each. Hubs had one chosen, so the decision was up to me.
Choosing who will provide daily childcare for your most precious possession has to be one of the hardest decisions EVER. After an unbelievable critique, I decided on one. They only had one spot left, so I had to turn in the papers yesterday. I started bawling as soon as I got in my car to go home.
She'll be there three days a week to start, and the other two days she'll be with me unless the hubs has a day off.
I am absolutely dreading the first day. Now I'm not sure who has separation anxiety worse...Mary or me.
Thursday, January 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
ugh. thats the lamest! finding a good daycare is a win though! as unhappy as this is, i really hope you guys are happy with the place. daycare can be a great experience for your child. no matter how rough of one it is for you...
pfft. who am i to talk. everytime husband brings up preschool, i decide to start talking about the weather. even though it looks like this may just be our year to add number 2 and i'm being told a few hours at a childcare facility would make that process much easier...
good luck with next week!!!!
OH (speaking of number 2s) did kelly pop out the new one!??!?!? i've been on pins and needles for like a week!
Post a Comment