Tuesday, April 7, 2009

The devil hunts Easter eggs

Tonight the hubs heads out for DC once again. This time the munchkin and I will be going to visit. We’re heading down on Friday and coming back Sunday. I’m not so thrilled about not going to church on Easter (yes, we are those people that only go to church on holidays…I don’t like this, but it’s just the way it is until we agree on a denomination), but at least we’ll be spending time together as a family. I’m praying that the weather will be nice so that we can have a picnic at one of the memorial parks. I’ve got the munchkin’s Easter basket goodies all ready to go, and I plan on dying a half dozen eggs that she can hunt.

While we’re on the topic of Easter egg hunts…what is it about mean-ass kids and hunting fucking plastic eggs? The hubs’ work had an Easter egg hunt on Saturday, and the first kids to go were 3 and under. We only had about 30 seconds to hunt before the big kids broke out of their cage. This wasn’t the plan, but those kids couldn’t contain themselves any longer. I was coaxing my munchkin to an egg, and she was only a foot away when these two brats ran up and grabbed the egg. I gave them my dirtiest look, and let me tell you, I hope their stupid mothers saw. Just a word of advice…please teach your children that it is NOT polite to steal Easter eggs from babies.

Saturday I head to The Container Store in Arlington, VA. I am SO excited!!! I’ve never been but have perused through their website several times eyeing things I want. There is just something about organizational items that gets my blood pumpin’. Bacon keeper, here I come!

I will end with a poem from Office Haiku: Poems Inspired by the Daily Grind by James Rogauskas:

Late afternoon cup –
The coffee is cold and stale.
Drink it anyway.

No comments:

 


Design by: Blogger XML Skins | Distributed by: Blogger Templates