I couldn’t dread a tropical vacation more than I do the trip to St. Thomas in June. To make matters worse, the hubs says to me…
“I need you to take a half day to go to Cape May with me before we go to St. Thomas.”
“Why?”
“So we can go to legal…”
End conversation.
Cue crying.
It absolutely terrifies me to think about leaving my munchkin. I honestly want to cancel our trip. Actually, I’m seriously considering flying my mom out to meet us there so that she can watch the munchkin while we enjoy ourselves. I don’t think she’d mind babysitting in paradise for free.
He then adds, "We have to do it because we're both going to be on a plane, and she won't be with us." Cue hysteria.
Tell me (if anyone still reads this blog), when did you first leave your child? Was it the hardest thing ever? How old was your child?
When I think about our vacation, my hands begin to sweat, my heart rate skyrockets, and I get highly emotional. My therapist says this isn’t good.
Cue the medication.
Monday, April 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment