I have a good life.
I have a beautiful, healthy baby girl. I have a husband that takes very good care of us. No, we don't have a perfect relationship, but we get along well enough. I have a house, a yard, a car, some sweet dogs, a full time job (in today's market, that's an achievement), and some money in savings.
Yet, somehow, I am STILL jealous.
I have a friend who is a year younger than me. We graduated together from college, but because her friend's dad was a big-wig at an oil/gas company, she got a job BEFORE she even got her diploma. She's making at least twice what I make now. And don't let me forget to mention her husband. He took a pay cut to join the current company he's with, but he's still making nearly $100K/year. He was making $160K at his last job, but he went to the current company because they practically guaranteed him over $200K/year in less than eight years. They have traveled to so many places. In the fall, he went to Dubai, Malaysia, and Brazil. Last spring, they went to Costa Rica. They go to Denmark on a regular basis because he's from there, and once last year they also went to Norway. They went to Sedona on a weekend spa getaway. For their honeymoon? Crete. Since Christmas, she went to Miami for a bachelorette party, he went to Acapulco for a bachelor party (I mean, that's where we went on our honeymoon!), and they went to Playa del Carmen on a trip completely paid for by his company. They're going to Denmark again next month and then to St. Thomas with us in June. Oh, and they just sold their house...they're making $70K on it...in this effin market. I was flabbergasted.
My life is great, but is it wrong for me to be jealous of hers? I mean, I think it's only natural to be somewhat jealous of certain people in our lives. To be able to just go and do whatever and whenever, to have a practically indispensable cash flow...ugh.
Can't I just have a little...please?
Saturday, April 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
it is important. it represents security and so many other things. and, just as your friend's life has taken her many places, you new know where you will go, what you will do and what you will see.
husband travels a good deal. i have only done japan and germany. so many places he goes routinely (think france, isreal, korea, etc...) that i would kill to venture to. i'm pretty sure i will get there one day. it will just take me a little time. for now, i venture to houston and back way too often.
as for profiting on a house sale right now, THAT BITCH! ;) (seriously, if we sold right now, we would loose a good $20k. booooo)
Post a Comment