Monday, September 15, 2008

Mary-weather

My munchkin is sick. =(

This is her first illness. Dick got sick Friday night and slept downstairs. He felt it coming on before he went to work, and by the time he got off, he was completely congested. We had to run to Philly on Saturday, and he was pretty yucky. Mary and I slept downstairs so he could get a good night's rest. Sunday he said he was feeling better but only came downstairs twice - once for about an hour and a half and one other time to give me his dishes. Mary and I slept downstairs again, and she woke up around 2:15 and didn't go back to sleep until after 3:00 and was up again at about 4:15 and didn't go back to sleep until after 5:00. I feel so bad because the first time she woke up, I was getting so pissed because she wouldn't go back to sleep, but by the second time she woke up, she was snotty and even gagged a little. I went upstairs to get ready for work when the alarm went off, and she woke up completely pissed. She doesn't cry much, and when she does, we never see tears. As soon as I picked her up, I could feel the tears on her cheeks. She was still so sleepy and even had her eyes closed, but she was crying. I think she was having trouble breathing. We've got an appointment at 10:30, but she's sleeping right now and has been since 9:15. Dick is feeling a little better today but is coughing so hard because all that crap is draining. I hope Mary doesn't end up like that. I'm sad. I can't stand seeing her like this.

Unless you've been living under a rock, you know that Ike slammed into Houston this weekend. I thank God that the most damage my mom and sibs have are some downed limbs/sticks, and a couple banana trees were sacrificed. She's pretty distraught over her bougainvillea - it has no leaves left on most of the upper branches, and most of the flowers are gone. It was this huge monstrosity of a plant that was intertwined on an archway trellis above the gate at the back. It was so pretty, but honestly, if that's all that happened, they are SO lucky. I have a friend in north Houston who lost power around 7:30 on Friday night, one about 15 minutes from my mom's (in Pecan Grove, Kelly & Holly) who lost it at 2:00am, and one about 20 minutes from where Dick and I used to live (closer to Houston and further east than my parents) who lost power at 10:15, and none of them have power yet.

Our old house is Pearland has some serious damage according to our neighbor. This massive oak that was in the backyard and that leaned AWAY from the house at a significant angle was blown so hard that it toppled onto the house. The backyard faces the south, so the winds were blowing directly against that tree. It makes me so sad because I love that house so much, and that tree was beautiful. Hopefully I can find a good pic.

I just realized that I have to get my ass out the door for Mary's appointment, so I'll try to post in a bit. Let me know if I used any "bad" names in this post!!

1 comment:

Erin said...

:( super sad face. I hate when babies are sick. Its just creates a panic and uneasiness. I wish your family to get better and soon.

 


Design by: Blogger XML Skins | Distributed by: Blogger Templates