In a message to Myspace...
I received the following message from Myspace Safety & Security:
"We had to remove an image (or images) from your account because they violated our Terms of Use. Our site is for people as young as 13, so we can't have certain kinds of pics (nude/sexually explicit, violence, material protected by copyright). Find out more about content we don’t allow at http://www.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=misc.terms. If you continue to violate our Terms, we may be forced to remove your account.
If you find an image which you feel is in violation of our Terms, please feel free to use the 'report image' link below the image.
Thanks for your understanding.
MySpace Safety & Security "
I completely understand your policies against nudity, but this was a picture of my 9-month-old daughter playing on the floor and yes, it showed her naked rear end. This, by no means, was explicit, derogatory, or offensive in any way. For me to be threatened with account termination is overboard. Furthermore, my account is private, so everyone that sees my account knows my child and me. The youngest two people are 15 and 16, and one is my brother, so the under 13 circuit has no access to my account.
If a baby's bottom is considered explicit, why not remove pictures of people doing drugs and drinking? For a young child, seeing pictures of those activities could be dangerous, as young children are easily influenced. Maybe you should control those images, too.
I am in no way making light of your policies or guidelines; I just hope that you see my point. I would also appreciate that the threat to terminate my account would be revoked.
Thank you.

No comments:
Post a Comment