Imagine you work day...
You come in when you want, which is never before 10:50 and always after the owner gets in. The amount of work you do equates to about an hour a day. After that, you spend the day shopping online, playing games, taking at least five personal calls, and reading your Bible, and you never even attempt try to hide the fact that you don't have anything to do. The other two ladies in the office handle E.V.E.R.Y.T.H.I.N.G. else including work that you should actually be doing since you are Accounts Receivable. You take your walk/lunch every day whenever you want, and though it's only supposed to be an hour, three out of five days you stay gone at least an hour and a half. You leave every day at 4:50 sharp...though you're technically not supposed to leave until 5:00.
And no one ever says a word.
Does this not sound completely stress-free? I would LOVE to have a schedule like that.
L, the Accounts Receivable clerk, has this schedule and has for some time. She's been with the company for over 30 years, but that's still no excuse for the rest of us to suffer (many, many have suffered before me).
Before I left on maternity leave, I went to the post office every single day to pick up our mail. Once I had Mary, L picked it up. When I came back to work, she continued to pick it up because PO mail can be picked up after 10:30, and well, she doesn't ever mosey on in until damn near 11:00. It was smarter, more efficient, and more convenient for her to pick it up. So L had a doctor's appointment yesterday. For the last two weeks, she has been one unfriendly bitch. She wouldn't speak to my boss T or me. She'd dump the mail on my desk and walk back to hers. She comes in yesterday, and I asked how her appt went. She said that she's completely stressed and that it's not home stress AT ALL (maaaajor emphasis on that). So she's saying that WORK is stressing her out. She then says, "I'm just too stressed out to pick up the mail anymore." Can you seriously believe that shit? I don't mind picking it up, but give me a fucking break. She then says, "I go back to the dr in two weeks, and she's gonna do everything to keep me working." So you're saying that ALL the pressure, the LOOONG hours, and HARD work are stressing you out?
WHAT-THE FUCK-EVER.
When T told the owner, he laughed and said, "We go through this shit with her every five years, and she's due." PATHETIC. The last time it happened he paid her ass for six weeks just so she wouldn't come in.
I so wish this bitch would retire so that we could get a temp in to do my job, and I could move on up.
Thursday, September 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
wows. hum. maybe they'll pay for another 6weeks vacation for you guys from here again? soon?
Post a Comment