Dick is now home. After waiting two days in Jacksonville for the weather in Mobile, AL, to clear up, they decided to release the hubs and the other guys. Air Station New Orleans was fully functional as of yesterday, so there was no need for all the extra Coasties to go to Mobile. I'm glad. During Katrina in New Orleans, those ghetto m-effers shot at the helicopters trying to help them, and I didn't want the hubs anywhere near that God-forsaken city. So needless to say, he spent the last 2 1/2 days shopping, eating, and going to the beach...sounds like the weekend I wanted. =)
So this is what we decided to go with...
She really likes it and constantly bangs on the tray. So far, so good.
Ok, so I need a little more advice. For those of you that use/used diaper pails...what did you do when baby's poo really started to stink and that plastic contraption that you once thought was spectacular now fails to hold in all of the stank? We empty it regularly, by the way.
And now, a lesson in nature...
At first glance, it looks as though these Great Grey Slugs are doin' the dirty, but in fact, they are courting. It involves licking each other. Sounds more like foreplay to me. Click on the link to see pics of them mating. It is some bizarre shit.
I need sleeeeeep.

4 comments:
Um. gross. LOL.
And yay for the booster seat and Jane looking like such a big girl!!
The seat really is nice bec it is SUPER easy to clean. When I look at the pic of Jane in it, I remember when Dom was around 10 months old and we gave him some of those Graduates or something... it was ALL OVER THE TRAY. I know I have a picture.... Ok this is not the pic I was thinking of but OMG my child was so little *sniff* lol http://media0.dropshots.com/photos/7309/20050706/202041.jpg
And I am glad Dick is home. I can't believe they were shooting at them during Katrina... seriously? WTF?
yay for hubs being home and booster seat success! those slugs, gross. as for diaper pails, the diaper genie defeated the likes of mr. smartie pants chemical engineer so we never really got that one off the ground. we just invested in stainless steal trashcans and that kept most of the smell at bay. lately its gotten even worse and we've been using those cheap "scented" little trashbags that come in rolls of 100 for a few bucks. wrapping up the poop laden diapers in one of those baggies seems to really keep the odor under control. cant. wait. for. a. potty. trained. child.
good luck!
I forgot to answer about the diapers. We never had a diaper pail bec I heard a lot of negative reviews on it before and it was something I knew we wouldn't keep up with. We had the smallest of trashcans in his room that was mainly for pee (held about 3-4 diapers) and then after he had 3-4 pee diapers, I knew a poop one would be coming LOL. So when that poop diaper came, I took it and the other pee diapers and put them in a target bag or any plastic bag and outside to the trash can. Voila.
You know, we care so much about the earth we reuse our plastic bags :P
i do like your layout. I still cannot believe how big mary is now. It seriously seems like yesterday you had a c-section.
As for the diapers, I know I do not have a child but I was my family's babysitter for god only knows how long. My uncle had started out with a diaper pail twist thing but the smell was gross. They just invested in a huge garbage-take it out to the curb- can and just set it outside so the smell of poop wouldnt overwhelm the house. Just an idea....
Post a Comment