Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Growing up

What a week.

My baby sister started college on Monday. Ho-ly smokes. And to top it off, she turns 18 tomorrow. I remember when she was born, changing her diapers, spanking her ass, raising her...all just so she could grow up. Kinda makes me sad.

Do you remember the things you were doing at 18? I sure do. God help me. Thank goodness she's not wild in the ways I was. She just likes to poke holes all over her face.

Jim, my brother, started school on Monday, too. He's a Junior this year (though he may still be behind some). He officially gets his license in October (he turned 16 in June, but kids now have to obtain a permit for 6 months) and is already looking for jobs. My baby brudda is growing up, too. Bleh. Too much growin' up this week.

I've been sooo excited about our Labor Day weekend plans. We were invited to go to this AWESOME beach house in Ocean City that has a hot tub on the top floor that overlooks the city. Dick, however, "forgot." He told one of his coworkers that we'd watch his 8-month-old boxer. I was initially told that it would be one night. On Sunday they brought Samson by to meet our mutts, and I asked the guy's wife how long. She says, "It'll be around 6:00 Friday night, and I'm leaving DC around 4:00 Monday night." Oh, the whole fucking weekend. So much for Ocean City.

And what is it about men that they find it necessary to leave out HUGE portions of stories, explanations, etc.? And does anyone else's hubs exaggerate as much as mine? I feel like I constantly have to say, "Babe, don't exaggerate." Drives me nuts.

So Mary has a diaper rash. Let me tell you, there is not a diaper changing that goes by that I don't put something on her...powder or cream. She's only ever had very minor rashes that go away in a day. This one happened overnight and was so bad on the first day (Sunday) that she actually bled. I felt so bad. I'm telling y'all, that rash was NOT there when I put her to bed on Saturday night. She would get really antsy and upset when we changed her. I ended up leaving her diaper off for over an hour (luckily she only peed once, and it was on the carpet...she learned that from the dogs). You could see part of the rash kinda crust up. God, I feel so bad just talking about it. Anyway, it didn't get better as fast as I expected, but it's definitely healing. I'm just waiting on the dr to call me back about any kind of extra-protective cream we can use.

Ok, must work.

2 comments:

holly* said...

poor mary. those diaper rashes can suck. i hope the doc can give her something that helps and prevents the samething from happening again.

that hubs of yours should be beaten. :)

Kelly said...

Ok first of all, Dom had diaper rashes too that would come from no where. We would have "nakey time" every night after bath time. We just laid towels ALL over and he would play... everyone thought we were crazy, but he loved it :)

Second of all, Disck should be slapped. And you have to email me the address of this beach house because one of the ones we had while we were there had the hot tub on top ;) The lady who owns it is in sorority with my mom, so maybe she can get you another weekend :D

 


Design by: Blogger XML Skins | Distributed by: Blogger Templates