Wednesday, August 6, 2008

A little sadness

Tonight Mary is sleeping in the co-sleeper for the first time since she was a week old. I felt my heart breaking as I rocked her to sleep.

Some of this shit is just so hard.

I always said that I'd never have her sleep in my bed simply for safety reasons, but we did it because she was just not sleeping at all in the co-sleeper. And now I'm addicted to her being next to me.

And now she's not. And I'm sad.

Did I mention that MIL took at sleeping pill at 2:00AM yesterday so that when I went to wake her when I was leaving for work, I had to call her name several times? By the end of the day, she was completely wiped out. I told hubs about it, and he said, "She's insane." Noted.

I called on my way home today, and I heard Mary in the background...crying hysterically. MIL told me that she was trying to lay Mary down for a nap and that Mary was truly very tired and trying to fall asleep. Never has Mary cried like that when I've tried to put her down for a nap. My nerves were on edge.

But honestly, it really is nice to have some help. Both my manager and boss are on vacay this week, and I can't imagine having Mary at work all day without my manager there. And it doesn't hurt that MIL has been cookin', too. =)

Dick comes back late next Tuesday (yay!!). I'm so ready for him to be here. It's gone by fast, but this week seems to be draggin' ass. I'm SURE it can't be because I have a spa appointment on Friday.

No comments:

 


Design by: Blogger XML Skins | Distributed by: Blogger Templates